In Android 4.2, the developer options is not available in any menu by default. It is hidden much more cleverly.
Here’s how the developer options menu can be enabled in Android 4.2:
1. Go into Settings, then scroll down to the bottom, click on About Phone.
2. Scroll to bottom to where it says “Build Number”.
3. Tap on “Build number” 7 times. After the third tap, Android will start counting down on how many taps are left before you can access the developer options.
4. After the 7th tap, you’ll get a “You are now a developer!” message.
5. Now, go back to the main settings screen, and voila, the “Developer options” menu will be visible at the bottom, just above “About phone”!