The Richest Man in Babylon is a classic book written by George S Clason in 1926 and it still holds true. It was recommended to me by some one special ages ago. I had pleasure of reading it again. Its a book which you should read every year just in case if you forget or lose the habit mentioned in this book.
The Richest Man in Bablyon has 7 basic principles:
1. Start thy purse to fattening – save/invest
2. Control thy expenditures – watch out for self serving brokers
3. Make thy gold mutiply – use powerful investments
4. Guard thy treasures from loss – watch out for brokers with
their hot tips.
5. Make of thy dwelling a profitable investment – rental properties, your own home—but stay within your means.
6. Insure a future income – do work that you love to do. Become excellent at it.
7. Increase thy ability to earn – education never stops.
It is advisable to divide your income in 3 parts:
1. 1/10th of your income you save and do investments so that it continuously grows
2. 1/20th of you income you use to pay back any debts you have incur or if you have no debts then it will go to your savings
3. 1/70th of your income should be used for day to day needs.
If you learn and manage to live by this rules, You shall also will soon become prosper financially.
You can buy this book by clicking here. I hope you do read this book, do let me know your feedback about the same.