Whats new in MIUI 7?
1) The new MIUI 7 features four new UI themes which include High Life, Ocean Breeze, Pink Blush and Rose.
2) XXL Text to the new OS which totally changes the displayed text to appear in bigger fonts without affecting the other elements in the messaging page.
3) MIUI 7 is claimed to be 30 percent faster and can achieve power savings by up to 25 percent.
4) Child Mode feature allows users to whitelist the apps that they can allow their child to use. Likewise, it also offers restrictive access to messages and email.
How to Update to MIUI 7?
1) If you’re using MIUI global beta ROM, please open ‘Updater’ app on your phone and check for the update!
2) This OTA has not been pushed for stable ROMs yet. So if you’re using stable ROM, you need to download the ROM first and flash it by yourself.
3) Or you can download the full ROM files in the thread and flash the ROM by yourself. To get some tips on how to flash your device, please refer to this link:http://en.miui.com/a-234.html
4) Do remember to make a backup before flashing.
Is this update worth it?
I personally have been started using it beta for last few days. It does feel snappier and battery life do get some boost. But the bad news is it still based on Kitkat for few of the devices like Mi 3. Hence using Kitkat again sucks. All the new feature you have been accustomed to in Lollipop eg. deleting email right from notification is missing. I will soon will back on Slim Custom ROM for Mi 3.
For rest of you try out the new beta and let me know your opinion.